Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm here!!

Hello to all!!

I am on the bandwagon now!! For my first post, I guess I'll just fill everybody in on what life is like right now. First, I am LOVING being a stay-at-home mom. Wyatt is going to be 7 months old on the 2nd of March, and he is absolutely the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. He's got two teeth, and Brenda and I are sure he's about to cut two more on top. It makes me a little sad, because he's starting to get out of that "baby look" and more into the little boy look. He's been kind of congested and coughing for about a week, but is not running a fever and seems as happy as ever. I am keeping a close eye on him, though.

Brian spent most of last week in San Antonio at the TMEA convention. I really think he had a blast seeing some of his favorite buddies. He got to visit and relax some, which is good, because as you all know, he works himself to death during the year. While he was at TMEA, Wyatt and I got to spend some time with Brenda, Del, and Maddie. Del was working really hard at his own convention, so he was pretty scarce. Brenda and I BOTH understand what it's like to have our husbands work super hard. So, we had a great time. Wyatt LOVES his cousin Maddie. He wants to chew on her, mainly. I have to admit, I wanted to chew on her too, because she is so adorable!! I got to babysit while Brenda caught up on her dr. appts. and errands. I was thrilled, because I got to hold a TINY baby. Wyatt is just huge compared to petite little Maddie, and it was nice to hold a baby and not have a backache immediately afterwards. At one point, when I was in charge of both babies, Brenda was in the shower and Del was in his office working. I got the great idea to put Maddie with Wyatt in his pack and play. Wyatt was thrilled. Maddie, um, not so much. She let out a wail and then Wyatt chimed in. So there I was, holding a 20 pound meatloaf, and a 12 pound turkey, bouncing them both up and down. It was a sight, let me tell you!!

Brian came back to get us and we headed home to Midland Saturday morning. The weather was C-O-L-D and we ran into a little mist that froze on the windshield. Luckily, that was as bad as it got. We mad it home in one piece. We saw our brand new little pear tree had been planted in the back yard. That was my Valentine's gift from the Collinses. I LOVE fruit trees, and can't wait to eat the first pear! Of course, coming home from a trip means at least a day of laundry, so that's what I am working on now. I really don't mind doing laundry. In fact, Brian knows he is NOT allowed to touch any laundry, even his own. I am a little territorial about it.

So, that's the story. I hope to post some new pics of Wyatt soon. I hope all of you are doing well!! Can you believe we're heading into March already?

Melanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home