Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Update on the Gages

It only seems appropriate for me to get this started. For those of you who don't know, I am currently unemployed. Getting up at 4:00 every morning, and not getting home until almost 7:00 every night, was certainly getting old ... especially since I was going to a job I didn't feel good about. So, what sort of job would I be proud of? After a lot of consideration and research, I have decided to go back to school to work on a Surgical Tech certification, and then possibly build on that. Basically, I would be the person in the Operating Room assisting the surgeon ... you know, passing the needed instruments and cleaning as needed. Until classes start, I'm enjoying spending more time with the kids. I'm able to take Levi to school and pick him now, which has made a huge improvement in his behavior. And, I get to spend some much needed one on one time with the baby. Which brings me to the kids ...

Levi is doing very well in school. He was tested recently on his development, and the results were very positive. He is reading and comprehending at a 4th grade level, which is awesome for a 2nd grader. He continues to get awards in math and behavior. And, recently, he was elected to test for their gifted program. I believe that will take place some time in February. We made an attempt to get him into karate, but it didn't take. He says he'd rather play football or basketball, but we'll see ...

Jessica is doing so much better. The last round of antibiotics finally wiped out the bacteria they found in her blood, and she has been thriving. She's about 14 pounds now, and is turning into quite the "butterball" as her PaPa likes to call her. She recently discovered that she has a voice, and coo's most of the day. She's sleeping really well at night ... FINALLY! I cannot tell you what a relief it was when she started sleeping through the night. Anything more than 3 hours at a time was huge!!! She's also just started rolling from her stomach to her back, and she is so proud of it. She smiles from ear to ear when she flips herself over.

I'm hoping to get a couple of recent pictures uploaded at some point today. But, this pretty much sums it up for us at this point. I can't wait to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home