Friday, February 17, 2006

2-17-06 Update

Wow, so much has been going on. I'm in the process of trying to get into a Surg Tech program at Concorde Career Institute in Arlington. It's one of the few accredited schools for the program in the area, and pending a final review, it looks like I'll be starting classes mid-May. And, by the end of June 2007, I will be a certified Surgical Tech ... fingers crossed.

I had a very interesting birthday ... spent the first several hours of it at the courthouse. We finally went head to head with Jess's dad for child support. He's got a "B" of an attorney, and mine is quite the pushover, but child support is starting. We'll have a final court appearance to make around September I think ... he's trying to get out of retro-support. You know, like she hasn't needed anything the first 4 months of her life. He's also wanting visitation, which he has yet to exercise. I'm not thrilled about it AT ALL, but it's his right. I've had several offers to have him "taken out", but I really need that check every month. Once I get my certification, though, I may reconsider those offers. :-)

Jessica is doing well. She weighed in at 15 lbs, 9 oz on Wednesday ... doc says she's in the 90th percentile for weight, so we should probably start pushing solid foods to cut down on calorie intake. She's turning into quite the butterball. She's not a big fan of cereal, so I bought some veggies, hoping maybe it's the flavor she's after. Don't be shy. If anyone has any suggestions, lay it on me. It's been too long since Levi was this age, so I don't remember how he did with solids.

Levi is still doing great in school. It seems as though reading isn't his only strong subject. The kids have so many levels of math tests to complete before the end of the year, and he finished all levels a week or so ago. The kid is a perfectionist. He does not like to fail. It definitely comes out when he's playing video games. You would think the world was ending ... you can ask Mona. He screams at the tv constantly if the game isn't going his way. Too funny! Just don't let him see you laughing. He's going to his dad's this weekend ... unfortunately. That's a whole other story. Yes, Darrin is still married to his fatal attraction ... I don't think she's boiled any bunnies, but I bet she's run over a few. That marriage is a living advertisement for birth control.

And, since Mona won't respond about Ethan, let me have the honor. Mr. furniture man is still very much in the picture. You know the stage ... I like him so much, but can't let him know - does he like me that much? ... maybe I love him, but does he love me? ... I won't say anything unless he does ... oh my God, I haven't talked to him in 5 minutes ... I miss him so much! Blah, blah, blah ... I'm pretty sure that I'll never date again. Mom has met him, and he passed the mom test with flying colors. But, Mona has kept him from the rest of us, for good reason I'm sure. For some reason, I expect to see a guy in a toga with a bright light surrounding him. He's just been built up so much. She better bring him around quick before it gets to the point where he can't possibly live up to the image we have of him.

Mom and Dad are doing well. They celebrated their birthdays in Vegas last week. I guess they didn't do very well. After all, they did come back.

Ok, well, I have to run ... have to finish making a ring-tailed lemur for one of Levi's school projects. I thought homework was supposed to be for the kids! :-( Oh well ...

Blog ya later ...

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Kristi,

I have been making Wyatt's baby food. It's cheaper, plus you know what's in it. It sounds like a ton of work, but, oh my gosh, it's the easiest part of motherhood so far. I just get four pots going on the stove with about an inch of water, pour veggies or fruits in each one, and steam until they're soft. Then throw them in the food processor with a little of the water they were steamed in. Pour the liquified food into ice cube trays and freeze. Voila!! Just pop them out and put in labeled Ziploc freezer bags. I've only made one batch so far, and that was in January!! I'm going to make another batch soon. It only takes 30 minutes to make enough food for almost 3 months. Anyway, it's so easy and so cheap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home